3.19.2009

American Idol: Top 11 Results Show

Well, that was unexpected. And so sad.

Alexis Grace had been one of my early favorites, and one of the elite few contestants whom I thought actually might have a shot at the title beyond Danny or Adam. Now, not only will she not win the damn thing, but she won't even get to go on tour. Frak.

As it turns out, I have no knack whatsoever for predicting the Bottom Three. As soon as Allison was announced as member of the unfortunate trio, I knew that things were going to get dicey. And Alexis was just another wrench in the theory. Michael was the only contestant that I called correctly, and now that he's still around and Alexis is gone, I find that I might begin resenting him a bit. Unfortunate, because I used to be a champion of the oil rig roughneck.

The "Judge's Save" was set up to be a bombshell of sorts for this competition and we all know that the judges wouldn't use their Free Spin this early -- especially with Danny and Adam still very much in contention -- but damn it if I didn't want them to use it and save Alexis. I think that she's worth saving, and this competition will be a little less "dirty" without her.

On a small, positive note: Carrie Underwood was in top form tonight, and she and Randy Travis sounded quite beautiful together.

Thoughts?

2 crushes:

Unknown Mar 20, 2009, 3:20:00 PM  

I was extremely disappointed to see Alexis Grace go home. I was hoping that the judges would save her, but knew it would never happen. I don't think I would have been too sad if Michael had been the one leaving.

Having said that, I'm finding that I don't actually dislike any of the contestants this year and it's harder for me to determine who I'd like to see go home. It's a varied group in sounds and styles, which makes for a great show.

Cory Martin Mar 20, 2009, 3:25:00 PM  

Yeah, there are no clear weak links, which means that when it comes to voting time, I'm voting for most everyone. Sigh.

It makes for a very interesting show, but a difficult one to gauge. Maybe -- finally -- this will be the year the "American Idol" is crowned based solely on talent?

Nah. That'll never happen. Heh.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP