3.06.2009

Welcome!

Welcome to Gay for Jamie!

Y'all can call me Nugget, and I'll be your host. Seeing as this is my inaugural post, I'm going to explain just how things might go around here and I'm going to give y'all a few tips for following this blog. Sound good?

Here at Gay for Jamie, we are all about entertainment. It's not enough just to watch it, but we must absorb it, revel in it, regurgitate it, and of course... analyze it to death. I want participation. I want to be engaged. If you have intelligent thoughts to offer, please feel free to jump in. Hell, even stupid comments are acceptable. Whatever floats your boat. However, I would like some law & order around here and instead of spelling out the rules point-by-point, I'll just direct y'all to one of my favorite blogs, What's Alan Watching? Alan's rules (minus the comment moderation... for now) are simple, clear, precise, and effective. I could write my own rules, but why should I mess with perfection?

Now that that's out of the way, let's have fun, shall we? Here, we shall discuss, dissect, and geek out over all things television (and maybe a few movies too). I should warn you though... If you are someone who prefers that your critics are dispassionate and objective, this is not the place for you. Because I looooooove television. And I respond to it from a place of love. I have my favorite characters, and you'll never have to question whom they might be. If I loathe a story direction, you'll know about it. Quite loudly too, probably. If a show I cherish is ending, you'll most likely be able see and feel my tears -- quite a trick given that this is the internet, huh? What I am trying to establish is that I am subjective viewer and my reviews will probably come across as such, but I'll do my damnedest to be as judicial as possible. Fair enough? So... If you like what you see here, please join the conversation, tell me so, and pass along Gay for Jamie to EVERYONE. YOU. KNOW. If you don't like what you see here, please join the conversation, tell me to suck it, and pass along Gay for Jamie to EVERYONE. YOU. KNOW. Are you beginning to see what I'm getting at here?

Now that my long-winded introduction is out of the way, let's get started, shall we?

Oh, one last thing... To those of you very keen, very smart people out there who have excellent taste, the answer is yes. The title of this blog is shamelessly ganked from the genius mind of Tina Fey who has given us the glorious 30 Rock. If you don't watch it, pinch yourself. Hard.

That is all.

3 crushes:

David Mar 7, 2009, 6:44:00 AM  

Nice work, Nugget! Although I love the title, I think "Gay For Karl" would have been a much better choice. Cuz, y'know, he's like, the best ever. Do you think he's OK? That head wound didn't seem to slow down his libido at all. Do you think he used that as an excuse? "Uhhh, sorry honey, but that knock on the head made me all confused for fraks sake." Love you and congratulations.

Anonymous,  Mar 7, 2009, 11:53:00 AM  

Well done, Nugget! Hmmm! Where did you get all of that talent? Could you possibly be a hybrid?!!!

Cory Martin Mar 7, 2009, 1:12:00 PM  

Thank you, both! To give you a few answers...

1) No, I'm not a hybrid. A true Cylon, perhaps, but not a hybrid.

2) I could not use "Gay for Karl" because I would have felt that I was stealing your title. And it's much easier to steal from someone you DON'T know... you know?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP