3.06.2009

ER: "What We Do"

Last night's ER was a good one -- surprising (Claudia!), touching (Carter), funny (Frank & Jerry, OMG!) -- but I walked away with only one overriding thought...

I love Archie Morris.

There was a time when I never would have thought I would say that. For years, Morris was entitled, obnoxious, annoying, and frankly, a doctor to whom I wouldn't even send my worst enemy. But in the last two years -- and especially since Pratt's death -- Morris has slowly been coming into his own. Now, not only has he become an impressive doctor, but he has become an admirable person. He is, at once, strong, settled, confident, and exceptionally compassionate. Morris finally believes in himself, and thus the audience can believe in him too. And it touches my heart and makes me giddy to see Morris finding true love. Much to my surprise, I want Morris to be happy and I want him to succeed.

That's right. You heard me. I love Archie Morris.

Randoms...

  • It was nice to see Gates & Sam getting back to the playfulness that brought them together. They're good for each other, and I hope they work it out. Also, I thought it was a nice touch having Gates reassure Sam's mother. And it was nice that she needed reassurance. I guess she's not such a monster after all.
  • Amy Madigan should work more. She's pretty fantastic.
  • Carter's being very weird about Kem, and it's making me really curious. When Carter left, I would have thought that he & Kem would be in it for the long haul, but apparently not?
  • Neela & Simon work. They fit. But is it just me or does Neela throw in the towel really easily? It seems as though the only relationship she put any effort into was her marriage to Michael. Perhaps his death hit her deeper than we ever realized and all of her subsequent relationships have suffered as a result?
  • I missed Angela Bassett this week. I think Banfield is finally meshing with the canvas, and so it was disappointing not having her around.
  • It was probably lucky that Banfield was MIA because otherwise Frank & Jerry -- gods love 'em! -- would be SO fired. Heh.
Thoughts?

0 crushes:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP